Competitive Eating My Story by Don Lerman (installment#4)

nathans 20

hardy

From the time that I  started preparing to enter  and compete  in the Nathans qualifier , from a time span of March 2001  to July 3rd 2001  I ate nothing but 5 – 17 hot dogs   and buns a day and would put down 20 plus at the end of the  week just to see  what I can  do , as my sole meal of the day.
Like I said Just 1 meal a day consisting of hot dogs and buns and  then I would be done eating for the day.  This was dedication , this was determination , this was motivation,. I knew that I couldn’t catch Kazutoyo “The Rabbit” Arai withhis 26 hot dogs  and buns or the 2nd place finisher Misao “The Big Banana” Fujita   with her 24,my goal was to hit 3rdplace,
I won the Belmont Qualifier  with 17 hdb’s early  on  in the season, I heard that Eric Booker ate 26 hdb’s at the Ducks Ball park , I had my work cut out for me.
During the actual 4th of July contest. The first 8 hot dogs I think that I kept up  with kobayashi .like I always say in the first minute of any contest all eyes will be on me  as the fastest hands in competitive eating, nobody is close to me in the first minute. Koby was fast he surprised me and everyone . Most eaters were disillusioned from continuing  when The announcer called out that Koby is up to 40 hdb’s and  they either quit cold or slowed down to a snails pace as they felt it was futile to continue for  naught. however I was only trying to catch 3rd place so I pushed on. I was in a zone . I remember My nephew yelling from the sidelines in the crowd , when Koby hit 45 dogs to keep going , He’s bound to throw it up . I persevered  on.
 As the final bell  sounded  I hit the Deuce ! The big 20 . I followed the judge in front of me with his tally cards every step of the way  as all the eaters did. I took the 20 tally card  and held it up for all to see, wow 20 ! The Deuce.
I knew Koby won and aria got 2nd with 31 but what about  Booker what did he do after all he hit 26 at the ducks for an American record?.. I asked Sylvia Carter a reporter who did a story on me and was on stage I  asked her what did Booker do? She said 19 1/2. Hallelujah I said I beat Booker. Now I make My way to Charles Hardy. I go right over to him and say Charles , how many did you eat ? He shrugs his shoulders as if he doesn’t know  I then walked with him off stage  where his family was I said again  how many? He shrugged his shoulders once again . I said to myself I got third! Because let me tell you when eating the dogs in the contest , there is one thing that every eater is  absolutely certain of  and that’s thier total with the Tally Cards in right in front of them and nobody did the contest blindfolded. Hardy was a seasoned  Nathan’s Hot Dog Contestant and he had to know his tally.
 The next thing I  see is the rewarding the trophy’s and it was done  quietly without much fanfare and Hardy is getting the 3rd place trophy. I was more than  surprised  I was shocked and dismayed to say the least.
Later that day several eaters  told me that he puked it up right after the contest. I as some other eaters question weather he actually  hit the deuce. . I knew exactly how many I ate  why didn’t he?
 For  a while I was good soldier and said I can come back next year , but after seeing the numbers people are putting up . I got more & more upset as my chance for glory was now gone .
If it was a french Fry contest that just popped up in lets say a week or so I wouldn’t be that upset … But I ate Hot dogs from March to July everyday as my sole meal and it hurt.
*while your here  visit the rest of the Lerman report .com!
Advertisements

30 comments on “Competitive Eating My Story by Don Lerman (installment#4)

1. it showed nothing my story stands as i wrote it… D.Lerman

2. Boomer says:

I bow down humbly in the presence of such grateness.

3. Great submit. I research something harder on completely different blogs daily. It will continually be revitalizing to understand articles coming from diverse writers as well as observe a bit something from their store. I’d choose to take advantage of several with the content material on my small blog whether or not a person put on’t thoughts. Natually We’ll supply you with a link in your internet weblog. Many thanks for revealing.

4. Appreciate it for sharing Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® with us keep update bro love your article about Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® .

5. Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to read much more Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® again from you. Thanks For Share .

6. cover letter says:

Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® again from you. Thanks For Share .

7. Regards for sharing Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® with us keep update bro love your article about Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® .

8. cut the rope says:

Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read much more Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® again from you. Thanks For Share .

9. mutual funds says:

10. cut the rope says:

I agree with your Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report®, good post.

11. Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read far more Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® again from you. Thanks For Share .

12. Magnificent Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report®

13. Thankyou for sharing Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® with us keep update bro love your article about Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® .

14. Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking for!

15. cut the rope says:

Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® again from you. Thanks For Share .

16. android apps says:

17. mutual fund says:

Thanks for sharing Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® with us keep update bro love your article about Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® .

18. Superb guide and additionally simple to make sure you figure out description. Exactly how can Document keep performing obtaining authorization to make sure you publish element for the document into my approaching e-newsletter? Providing correct credit scores in your direction all the article writer and additionally website to website wouldn’t deemed a dilemma.

19. Superb document and additionally simple to make sure you recognize justification. Exactly how can Document keep performing obtaining concur to make sure you publish component for the post into my approaching e-newsletter? Getting correct credit scores in your direction all the publisher and additionally web page link to website won’t deemed a dilemma.

20. cut the rope says:

Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® again from you. Thanks For Share .

21. Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® again from you. Thanks For Share .

22. vpn download says:

I like Your Article about Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Perfect just what I was searching for! .

23. android apps says:

24. I agree with your Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report®, fantastic post.

25. I agree with your Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report®, great post.

26. I like Your Article about Competitive Eating , My Story by Don Lerman( installment #4) The Lerman Report® Perfect just what I was looking for! .

27. seo says:

hello there and thank you for your information – I have certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this website, as I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again very soon..

28. CatheyKSteir says:

I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.

Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it
    is rare to see a great blog like this one today.

29. Someone sent me a Japanese news version if the 2001 contest..I filmed it on my cell phone tripod and all just in case it was takedown..I dies it to the exact point that the contest was stopped.I enlarged the
    Clip. It shows Hardy with 5 dogs on his pkate..now had eaten 22 as it was annoucced..There would only be 3 left on his,plate.that is conclusive that either he merely ate 15.. and the next 5 on the platewould have been 20or 20.and the next 5 om the plate left would have made 25.not 22 as claimed.
    The clip shown was edited to make it appear as if it the trophies were presented right away immediately open the conclusion of the contest..m
    Not so..like I said I went on stage to off stage and confronted Hardy about how much he had
    eaten during the contest.